Shelley M. Kennedy is a family law attorney and private mediator and partner with Lawhon Law & Mediation, P.C.
Shelley joined Lawhon Law & Mediation, P.C. in 2010 and her mediation practice includes high-asset dissolution of marriage matters including division of property, preparation of complex financial models, calculations for various settlement options, as well as determination of support. In addition to Shelley's experience in financially complex matters, her practice also includes mediation for couples with smaller estates.
Shelley serves as a Settlement Conference Master for the San Francisco Unified Family Law Courts and as a volunteer attorney for the Bar Association of San Francisco’s Pro Bono Family Law Project.
Shelley received her law degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law in 2010. She received her Bachelor's degrees in Linguistics and English Literature from San Francisco State University in 2007, graduating magna cum laude.
Mediation & Alternative Dispute Resolution Training
Shelley has participated in over 200 hours of advanced mediation and alternative dispute resolution skills training including:
- San Francisco Bar Association, Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Section ongoing seminars
- Community Boards, San Francisco, ongoing seminars
- Northern California Mediation Center, ongoing seminars
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 'Mediation'
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 'Advanced Dispute Resolution: Conflict and Emotion'
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 'Facilitation for Attorneys'
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 'Dispute System Design'
- Mediation Observation Project
Speaker, 'Find it Free and Fast on the Net: Strategies for Legal Research on the Web,' National Business Institute January 27, 2015
San Francisco State University, B.A., Linguistics, English Literature, magna cum laude, 2007
University of California, Hastings College of Law, J.D., 2010
2010, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- San Francisco Bar Association (Member, Sections on: Mediation; Family Law. Volunteer Legal Services Program, Family Law Volunteer Attorney)
- Full-time Family Law and Divorce Mediator since 2010.
- Mediation of Dissolution of Marriage, Separation, Domestic Partnerships, Co-Habitation, Property Division and Property Agreements, Child Custody and Parenting Plans, Child Support and Spousal Support.
- Over 200 hours of mediation skills training.